Other Important Instructions for Candidate:
1. To log-in, enter your registration number and password following instructions provided to you by the invigilator.
2. Go through the various symbols used in the test and understand their meaning before you start the test.
3. Question paper consists of 3 (three) sections:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
4. For Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), each situation/scenario may consist of a group of multiple questions. Similarly for Reading Comprehension, each passage may consist of a group of multiple questions.
5. In MCQ-type questions, candidates will be given 3 (three) marks for each correct answer, -1 (minus one) mark for each wrong answer and 0 (zero) marks for each un-attempted question.
6. In Non- MCQ type questions, candidates will be given 3 (three) marks for each correct answer, and 0 (zero) marks for each wrong and un-attempted question. There will be no negative mark for Non-MCQ type questions.
7. MCQ-type questions will have choices out of which only one will be the correct answer. The computer allotted to you at the test centre runs on a specialized software that permits you to select only one answer for MCQ-type
questions. You will have to choose the correct answer by clicking on the radio button () placed just before the option. For Non-MCQ type questions, type in the answer in the space
provided on the screen using the on-screen keyboard.
8. Your answers will be updated and saved on a server periodically. The test will end automatically at the end of 180 minutes (or 240 minutes in case of PwD candidates). The section wise time will be of 60 minutes each (80 minutes for
PwD candidates) post which you will not be allowed to go back to the earlier section(s).
Declaration by Candidate:
"I have read and understood all the above instructions. I have also read and understood clearly the instructions given on the admit card and shall follow the same. I also understand that in case I am found to violate any of these
instructions, my candidature is liable to be cancelled. I also confirm that at the start of the test all the computer hardware allotted to me are in proper working condition.
I will not disclose, publish, reproduce, transmit, store, or facilitate transmission and storage of the contents of the CAT or any information therein in whole or part thereof in any form or by any means, verbal or written,
electronically or mechanically for any purpose. I am aware that this shall be in violation of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and/or the Copyright Act, 1957 and/or the Information Technology Act, 2000. I am aware that such actions
and/or abetment thereof as aforementioned may constitute a cognizable offence punishable with imprisonment for a term up to three years and fine up to Rs. Two Lakhs. I agree to this Non-Disclosure Agreement."