General Instructions for Candidate: 10
1. The test has 3 (three) sections. The total duration of the test is 180 minutes. PwD candidates will have 20 minutes extra time for each section.
2. The time allotted to each section is 60 minutes (80 minutes for PwD candidates). As soon as you start answering a section the clock (displayed on the top right corner of the screen) will start. On completion of 60 minutes, the
clock will stop, the particular section will be locked and the responses to section will be auto-submitted. You will then need to move to the next section and start answering the next set of questions. The same process will be
repeated for all three sections. On submission of all three sections a summary of your answers will be displayed on your screen.
For PwD candidates the process will be the same as above except that for each section the PwD candidate will have 80 minutes, with an option for submitting the answers of a section at any point of time after the completion of 60
minutes. Thus, PwD candidates will have the option to complete the entire test with all three sections, within a maximum of 240 minutes.
3. You would be allowed to leave the test hall only after minimum of 180 minutes.
4. The question paper will have a mix of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type with options and non-MCQ type.
5. Your time will be set and synced to the server clock. The Countdown Timer at the top right corner of your screen will display the remaining time available to you to complete the currently active section. When the timer reaches
zero, the test for that section will automatically end. PwD candidates will be allowed to complete a section at any point of time between duration of 60 minutes and 80 minutes by clicking on the ‘Submit’ button. After 80 minutes,
however, the test for the section will automatically end.
6. For rough work, you will be allowed to use the writing pad and pen provided to you. Please note that only one writing pad will be provided to you. Write your name and registration number clearly at the designated place on the
writing pad. Return the writing pad with all pages intact and pen to the invigilator at the end of the test.
7. You will not be allowed to use any calculator or any other computing machine or device. An on-screen calculator will be provided, which can be used for computing.
8. The question palette displayed on the right side of screen will show the status of each question using one of the following symbols:
Question with status
You have not visited the question yet.
You have visited the question but not answered it.
You have answered the question but have not flagged it as Marked for Review.
You have not answered the question but have flagged it as Marked for Review.
You have answered the question but have flagged it as Marked for Review.
9. You can click on the "<" arrow which appears to the left of question palette to collapse the question palette and maximize the window. To view the question palette again, you can click on ">" which appears on the right side of
10. To answer a question, you will need to do the following:
a. Click on the question number in the question palette to go to that question directly.
b. Select an answer for a Multiple Choice type question by clicking on the radio button ( ) placed just before the choice.
For Non-MCQ type questions, enter in the answer in the space provided on the screen using the on-screen keyboard.
c. Click on ‘Save & Next’ to save your answer for the current question and then go to the next question.
Alternatively you may click on Mark for Review & Next to save your answer for the current question and mark it for your review any time before completion of the section, and then move to the next question.
Caution: Your answer for the current question will not be saved, if you navigate directly to another question by clicking on a question number and not click ‘Save & Next’ or ‘Mark for Review & Next’ button.
d. You will be able to view all the questions of a section by clicking on the ‘Question Paper’ button. This feature is provided for you to see the entire question paper by respective section.
11. Procedure for changing your response to a question:
a. To deselect your chosen answer, click on the question number on the palette and click on the ‘Clear Response’ button.
b. To change your chosen answer, click on the radio button corresponding to another option.
c. To save your changed answer, you must click on the ‘Save & Next’ or ‘Mark for Review & Next’ button.
12. Navigating through Sections:
a. The test has three sections: I. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), II. Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and III. Quantitative Ability (QA), which will be administered in the same order as above.
The names of the three sections are displayed on top bar of the screen. The section you are currently viewing is highlighted.
b. From any section you will be able to move to the next section only after completing a minimum of 60 minutes, i.e. the time allocated to each section for non-PwD candidates.
c. Candidates who have opted for a zoom feature will find two magnifying glass icons at the top of their screen. They can click on icon to zoom in and click on icon to zoom out of any question.